Before you read the following post please keep in mind the following:
- This post is all about me
- I’m not judging anyone
- I’m not an expert on the subjects mentioned
- This is my personal journey through trial and error
How do I stay motivated? I find my self asking this question a lot in this journeys of health and wellness. In theory the benefits of a healthy lifestyle are “easy to understand” but once I tried to apply them to real life they have been challenging. During the day I can make healthy choices without hesitation but once night has set… I’m weak.
At 7 o’clock I’m burned out. I’ve been up since 6: a.m., running around and taking care of my energizer bunnies. At 7:00 p.m. all the kids are in their rooms, the big ones are playing or reading and the triplets are usually gone to sleep. I on the other hand need to continue… from 7 to 12 I need to study. This means getting through all the required readings, analyzing concepts, understanding them and completing all the assignments required.
During those 5 hours is my “danger zone” a combination of exhortation, and need for energy usually turn out to me turning to junk food for a quick fix. In the last month I’ve come up with some strategies to not fall into the stress eating cycle.
- I moved my work space to our room. Far from the kitchen
- Fill up a water bottle and take sips from it. I’ve found that if I keep the water in my mouth for a couple of second the cravings disappear.
- Get up, stretch and walk around
- Ask my self .. is it hunger or a craving?
- Look at motivational shorts.
- Eat a spoonful of peanut butter
Most importantly I remind my self why I need to lead a healthier lifestyle. Sometimes the previous steps work and sometimes they don’t. What has changed is that if I do end up eating junk food I can stop. I now know that I’m capable to stopping. I can’t believe how much “mindless” eating I’ve done in order to relieve my stress.
>Follow me on Instagram & Twitter @journeysandus7 <<